Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Life as I see it…

Once again, Ronni at Time Goes By has a very good post and this time it's on the nature of blogs and friendships. I know I have tried to explain the blogging phenomena in the past and have not always succeeded. But she explains it quite well.

A blog doesn't replace human contact as the many detractors claim; it enhances it. It's real conversation with real people. Just as real as if they were sitting across the table from you at a coffee shop. When blog posts fail, it's because the writer tried to be more than they were capable of being. Out of character. We are who we are and our thoughts need to reflect that. Yes, warts and all.

Just as there are conversations that I wish had never taken place; when I misspoke…there are blog posts of mine that I wish had never seen the light of day. That's life and that is what it (blogs) is all about.

Time Goes By for today

No comments:

Post a Comment