Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Required Reading

Life goes on. But where's my mail? Google Mail is down? Luckily, this doesn't happen very often and so I'll give them a few minutes to come up with the goods. In the meantime, everything else works and I can scan the headlines and read the blogs. All is almost well.

The first thing I read this morning is the news about a new assault on Social Security. What's the matter with these people? Do they live in an alternate universe where white is black and black is white? Yes means no and no means yes? Or have they become so enamored with their deception and lies about Social Security that they actually believe them?

I know, I know…'if you tell a lie often enough, it becomes the truth'. I'm just hoping that in this case, people will spend some time reading to find out the truth.

Since we are of an age where any changes to Social Security really won't affect us, why are we and most elders against these proposed changes? Because it will affect our children and our grandchildren. What will they do for security in 20 years? 40 years? When their privatized retirement accounts go south on them? It affects society. What kind of people will we become if we ignore our elders?

OK, enough…read the post below this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment