Friday, March 27, 2009

From cab drollery

Charitable Kickbacks

Some interesting thoughts here regarding those all so important charitable contributions for tax purposes. The logic is good but I'm afraid of what would happen to many of the small and poorly funded charities. Good charities. Sure, the big names, like the Salvation Army, would probably do just as well, but how about the food bank in Anytown, USA? What I would rather see would be a revocation of tax immunity for churches and others. This would increase the tax revenues at the local levels; that's where we all live and not at the Federal level, where it can easily go astray. I'm a member of a church and I believe that we have an obligation to the community to pay our fair share. My opinion is a lonely one.

No comments:

Post a Comment