Thursday, March 26, 2009

Say Aah!

In an addendum to the health care post below, I should mention my own experience. Our family medical group was selected because they promoted the fact that they had entered the new century and all files were electronic. When I see my doctor, I sit in the normal exam room and wait, that hasn't changed, but there is a Dell computer built into the cabinet next to the chair where I sit. And when the doctor arrives, he keys in his password and pulls up my file. Everything is in there; the latest lab reports and all of the usual doctors notes. And when he writes a prescription, he does it on the computer and I pick it up from the front desk as I leave. The prescription is legible. Did I want a copy of my lab results? Sure. He prints it for me. The only complaint I have is the fact that I want my health records so that I can post them on Google Health and I'm still waiting for my promised CD. (I need to call them again) Why Google Health? From that secure site, I can share them with any other doctor that I have to visit. I can even put them on my own jump drive and carry them with me. That's how it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment