Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sanford Confession

Is More Bad News for Republicans - NYTimes.com

Oh, I know I should be ecstatic that another Republican leader showed his true colors. I'm not. He is simply just one more failed politician and his political affiliation had nothing to do with it. It was all about the power. That said, it's time for him to do the right thing and resign. No more apologies; just give up the power, give up the office of governor and that will make us believe that you finally understand that you have done something terribly wrong.

2 comments:

  1. It's definitely about power, but there is something odd about the continual revelations of Republican sexual misconduct. It's like these guys deliberately thumb their noses at their own followers -- a form of contempt. They also seem to believe that their own standards don't apply to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean...but somewhere, deep inside me, I believe that there are reasonable Republicans out there somewhere. And I hate to tar them with that same brush.So I just say 'politicians' in general...

    Wouldn't it be great to have political opinions/differences that could be respected by both sides? With reasoned discussion of those differences?

    But, I dream...

    ReplyDelete