Monday, July 20, 2009

Help!

I'm having a real problem with drugs these days. I have to take them to keep myself one step ahead of crying because of the pain, but when I take them, I'm no longer bound to this spot on the planet. OK, maybe that's not a real problem; I've discovered some interesting places in my travels.

But what does bother me is the complexity of my pharmaceutical stew. It's about 8 drugs and many elders have to deal with a lot more than that. My wife and I are fairly bright. She was an office manager and I retired after a successful career. So why did I have to create a spreadsheet to cover the times and doses for just 8 drugs? And you do this without any help. At the hospital door, they wish you good luck and that is that. And the first day on my own, I managed to double dose myself more than once. Why? Because I'm on drugs! Duh!

Things are better now on the 6th day post op and I'm almost into a routine, but what of those elders that are sent home without the help they need to administer the small pharmacy that was handed to them at the hospital door?

New post on my Short Laps blog

No comments:

Post a Comment