Thursday, August 20, 2009

I've done it again

I spent the last hour writing to my two Senators, Boxer and Feinstein, and to my Congressman, Wally Herger. It's not easy writing to them as their websites make it appear that you're sending your email to a circular file. I could be slightly paranoid about this, after all, I'm communicating with a politician and that doesn't give anyone a warm and fuzzy feeling.

I was writing to them about my concerns regarding the Public Option in any health care bill that is considered. I want it. I'm almost 69 years old and I have health care that works beautifully. It's a combination of Medicare and AARP supplemental. I'm lucky that I can afford the supplemental, but even without it, Medicare saves lives in more ways than one. Physical, emotional and financial lives are saved. Is there any reason why I wouldn't want to share this kinde of health care with my children and grandchildren? Of course not!

And right now, the Public Option is the only way I can see that my children and grandchildren will be able to see affordable health care in their lifetimes. The health insurance industry is fighting this with all their might and all because they want no competition. 3 or 4 of the major insurers have 90% of the business. And these are the same people who are making decisions for your health care. When you need an operation/procedure, guess who makes the decision to allow it? The cost analyst. I would prefer a federal bureaucrat over a cost analyt any time!

Anyway, back to the letters; this will be the second one to Feinstein and the fourth one to Herger. Boxer has only received one from me. But...more will follow. It sometimes seems pointless, especially when you receive the same form letter in reply, 3 times (Herger) but I know it's being recorded somewhere and assigned a value...so many for and so many against. And political creatures will sell their souls to be on the 'right' side.

I guess that's all we can do...write letters. Join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment