Monday, March 8, 2010

Op-Ed Contributors

Why Social Security recipients don’t need a cost-of-living adjustment this year. - NYTimes.com:

"With the deficit expected to reach 10.6 percent of gross domestic product in 2010, it’s important that we spend every dollar wisely."

Tell me again why it's wise to spend more money on defense than the rest of the world, combined? If you tell me often enough, maybe I will understand...but here's the facts as I understand them; it costs us $1 million dollars per year per soldier in Afghanistan and the proposal that they don't like here is to send a measly$250 bucks to Social Security recipients...one time.

2 comments:

  1. We're seriously confused in this country, but at least we're spending like crazy to defend our confusion. I'm lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The right hand doesn't even know where the left hand is...

    ReplyDelete