Monday, April 12, 2010

Quiet Please

It's time for the second cuppa and then a browsing of the net again.

Where do I begin? The past few days have me reeling from assaults upon my intelligence. The lies and half truths that have been coming from the Right are enough to make my head explode! Since I valued my head, I decided to hunker down for awhile; at least until the current storm of stupidity had passed.

Can you believe some of this? Right wingers from Virginia celebrating the Civil War and singing 'Dixie'. Sarah Quittypants declaring climate change to be 'snake oil science'. The Right wing declaring war on the Supreme Court nominee that doesn't even have a name. One headline after another with not one fact ever checked…Main stream news? How do those 'journalists' make it past their mirrors in the morning? And Sarah; doesn't she ever stop and think about what kind of legacy she will be leaving for children and grandchildren? Does she really want to be remembered as the political clown of the early 21st century? And when will the 'South' get over it? They were simply traitors and they lost the war they started. Yes, they started it! A fact overlooked by so many. In the meantime, they have been assimilated into the America of today…except for those politicians who find it advantageous to see how close to treachery they can come while exciting the simple minded. The quiet citizens of the South need to speak up. Don't even get me started on the likes of Limbaugh and Beck; I love our liberties, but these two, and more than a few others, make me think fondly of sedition laws. Again, this is where MSM fails us by never pointing out their lies.

I think I'll go hide again.

4 comments:

  1. How do those 'journalists' make it past their mirrors in the morning?

    They stop and shave.

    And Sarah; doesn't she ever stop and think about what kind of legacy she will be leaving for children and grandchildren?

    No.

    Does she really want to be remembered as the political clown of the early 21st century?

    You think she thinks that far ahead?

    And when will the 'South' get over it?

    Not in our lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. K; you aced the test!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't let your head explode! Time to hunker down, go for a walk or get back to painting. We'll still be here when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Paula, art will have to be my fortress for awhile. It's raining too hard to go walking and I'm tired of hunkering. I'm off to the Chico Art Center tomorrow for 3 hours of therapy...

    ReplyDelete