Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sold!

I'm pretty happy this morning. My daughter has sold two more of my art works. That makes three now! Not your usual art, as they are gourds that have been carved and painted, but these are not decorative gourds. They don't have another use, such as being a bird house or a Christmas decoration. They are useless for that, though I suppose you could say that they would make a good paper weight. I have filled them with sand and that was done to make sure they stay in one place. An empty gourd is as light as a feather and easily moved by a breeze. And none of these art works are the same; I find what pleases me within the gourd and then I bring it out. I know that sounds like a cliché, but I can't describe it any other way; that's how it works! Now I have to ask my daughter if she will show a few of my smaller works, canvases this time.

Darn! It just struck me…I don't know which ones sold. Oh, well, I'm not supposed to become attached to them.

6 comments:

  1. I told you so!
    Congratulations! Your gourds are fantastic....keep busy, make more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ima; yes, you did tell me that and I'm eternally grateful for the advise. That first step is the hard one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kitty7:06 AM

    Any chance my niece wants to put a few mosaic guitars in her shop? Really...congratulations! People have purchased your art. You are now in a new area of the art world. Where someone actually buys it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy about it because these were perfect strangers. I've never met them, in fact it might bother me to know them. It's better this way, I'm just a name and a date on what they have purchased.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about some pictures? Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, K; Now where did I put those pictures? This may take awhile!

    ReplyDelete