Saturday, September 25, 2010

I was reading...

The billionaire Koch brothers’ war against Obama : The New Yorker: "-

Another former Koch adviser said, “They’re smart. This right-wing, redneck stuff works for them. They see this as a way to get things done without getting dirty themselves.--Jane Mayer, The New Yorker, August 30, 2010

As I was saying, I was reading Mature Landscaping and happened to notice the quote above. Of course I had to follow the link and I'm glad I did. I really didn't know that much about the Koch brothers and now I may know too much! Disgusting! We're seeing far too much of this; where the ultra-rich are going into politics to game the system for themselves. They are buying the government they want and unfortunately it's for sale. We see it here in California where there has been and continues to be a sale for the governorship. Only Jerry Brown can save us from ourselves and he's tied in the polls with a know nothing billionaire. I suppose if I looked closer I would see the same thing happening across the country.

Wealth does not make a good representative for the people. Wealth does not confer intelligence upon its owner. Wealth gets in the way of good governance. When will we ever learn that? The wealthy do not deserve admiration (or your vote). You want to admire someone wealthy? Admire Bill Gates and Warren Buffett; they give their wealth away to help others...not to buy them.

2 comments:

  1. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Republicans have decided to allow Rick "Sure my company stole billions from Medicare, but we paid the fines" Scott to stand for them in my lovely state of Florida. Scary times we live in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's everywhere! But as I reflect upon our history, we have seen this happening in every generation. I'm sure it happened in the late 1700's...but that doesn't make it right!

    ReplyDelete