Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Dinner

Did I mention the cooking class I attended the other night? I guess not. Anyway, the class was held at our church, the very historic Bidwell Presbyterian in Chico. The class was for three hours and included the dinner we would prepare. All for $18. Our instructor, Pina Taddonio, a native of Torino in Italy, was my kind of cook! Recipes? Nope. It was all spur of the moment decisions on her part. A pinch of this and a handful of that. She said we could take notes if we wanted to but she wouldn’t care at all if we didn’t. I didn’t. We made cannelloni with Butternut squash for the vegetarians and cannelloni with sweet Italian sausage and broccoli for the meat eaters. Now the cannelloni was different; we didn’t fill those premade heavy pasta tubes. We used very thin lasagna pasta which was about 5”x8”. This was then filled and rolled, using brushed on water to glue it together. Then it went into the pan with the others and was covered with a Béchamel sauce. Then cooked for just 20 minutes as the filling had been already been cooked…by us, the eight students. Then we sat down to eat. Heavenly, if I do say so myself. Next month is a baking class and I must attend!

No comments:

Post a Comment