Thursday, September 29, 2011

Catching up

What a life...yes, we are in the new home and it really is a home now and not just a house. Dear wife is a hero as she unpacks what she just spent weeks packing. I'm limited to occasional chores and very little heavy lifting. We're also discovering that the 800 square feet LESS that this home has when compared to the last one were vital footage's. We seem to have an excess of everything! And that is after having removed and ridding ourselves of excess before the move. We have to do it again.
Part of the problem is the fact that no artwork has gone on the walls yet. Since it is our intention to stay here for a very long time, we want to be sure of where painting are hung...certain that the view pleases us. Oddly enough, I can't find a spot on any of the walls where art was displayed by the former owner. Of course he had 4 TV's and that might have made any display of art superfluous.
We also have television for the first time in 5 years...DISH network to be exact and with far too many channels.    With a DVR, we might learn to enjoy this. I already love the fact that I can pause 'live' TV.
We finally got our DSL connection up and running. Let me say that ten years ago I used to set up networks at our various branch offices. That was just one of the things I was entrusted with and I can tell you that in some ways...no, most ways...it was easier ten years ago. AT&T should be able to deliver a Plug'n'Play modem by now! And now that it is running, I don't think it's all that much faster than my old wireless connection.
Should I call AT&T to complain? No...not yet. I'm not ready for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment