Tuesday, October 23, 2012

No, I didn't

I didn't watch the debate last night. I did listen and I kept a careful watch on Twitter. And it was obvious that  President Obama won...

But, this morning I was thinking about how degrading this process of debates is for both candidates and the public. Winning a debate is a measure of a man? Or a woman...if we ever become civilized. Of course not! I want to know more about a candidate than 90 minutes of sound bites can possibly deliver. The whole affair reminds me of the old days of prize fighting and the moderator is the referee of course. 'And in this corner....'
That's not Presidential. Give me a speech, one hour long, detailing the plans that the candidate has for this country if elected. That's all. If I can't make a decision after that, I don't deserve to vote.

I'm terribly afraid that this election and all elections in the future will be decided by debates and polls. Scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment