Monday, July 13, 2015

My Views

I have a unique view of the world today. I have an eyepatch, ala Blackbeard the Pirate, over my right eye. I was driving to the store the other day when suddenly the asphalt ahead of me seemed to come alive, moving! I focused and I saw that it was the black spots in my vision, hundreds of them and they were all moving! Then a cloud of 'spider webs' settled down into my vision. Oh, great! As soon as I could, I let my wife drive the rest of the way home. I called the surgeon that had done the cataract surgery in that eye  a few years ago and he told me that he thought it was a retinal tear and he would see me today. In the meantime I have put a patch over that eye as that eye seems to become wet if I use it for long. Of course, with a patch over my eye, my depth perception is gone and I drop things when I think I have placed them safely.

Sitting on the counter is a small box that is addressed to Ancestry dot Com and it contains a DNA sample from me. Once in a while Ancestry has a special price on the DNA analysis and this time I decided to try it. I am very eager to find out more about my ancestors and this can answer lots of my questions...but I will have to wait 6 to 8 weeks before I get those answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment