Sunday, February 28, 2016

If this then that

That's IFTTT.  It's a great site that gives you some simple programming to make your life a little easier and a lot more interesting. You don't have to do the programming; it's all done for you in 'recipes'. My mind isn't all that sharp anymore and so these little 'recipes' do for me what I wish I could do myself...if I could remember to do them. Or remember to remember.

I may have mentioned this site before. I think I started using them about a year ago. And here they are, a year later and still around. I guess that makes them 'successful'.

They have recipes for Mac's and for PC's. Recipes for iOS and for Windows. Apple and Android. The recipes can set your thermostat and /or turn on/off your lights. I have an Ecobee thermostat and I found a recipe that will email/message me whenever the interior temperature reaches 105 degrees. I now have a fire alarm. I can set the temperature for that warning; maybe it should be 100 degrees? I also have a recipe that automatically sends any photo I take to my Dropbox. NASA now sends me the photo of the day. I get a message every time the International Space Station passes overhead. There are 100's of recipes and you may find one or two that will fit you.

No comments:

Post a Comment