Monday, February 15, 2016

The second one...

I got carried away and posted that last bit of writing just a bit too fast. I had one more painting to describe.


This is a watercolor with pen and ink. It's on a medium weight paper and it's mounted on  a thin piece of Foamcore. It's been banging around the studio for the past 8 years? I think so. It's easily one of my first drawing/paintings.

It had never been in a frame but I found these 80% off frames at Aaron Bros. the other day and $8 for a frame, a neutral looking frame at that, was hard to resist. I bought four of these, 16x20 at $8 each. And two at 10x12 at $6 each. A bargain.

After I framed it, I had to admit that it looked much better. It turned out to be my wife's favorite. Half a dozen people commented as to how much they liked this one and wished they had been there sooner and bought it themselves. Who knew? Anyway, it was titled "Frenzy' and it sold for a $100.


No comments:

Post a Comment