Thursday, July 14, 2016

Free...at last

I've been wanting to drop off of Facebook for quite awhile but I always found some reason to continue. It's incredibly addicting! Even more so when so many people you know are using it to exchange news and photos...cat videos.

It takes 2 weeks before the deletion is final and it's 2 weeks where they email you constantly, trying to lure you back. It is going to be a long 2 weeks. I really hope I can stay away from Facebook long enough for me to be rid of the attraction it holds for me. I know I can! I know I can!

My time with the compassionate pain doctor is over. She has referred me to an orthopedic surgeon and I will see him in about a months time. In the meantime, the pain continues to increase. I will be seeing my regular doctor that's not a doctor, my incredible PA tomorrow and I will be doing something I would never have thought I would do...I'm applying for a handicapped placard for the car and I need him to complete the form.

Since it's quite difficult to stand at the easel anymore, I have decided to try out something a lot of artists using these days; a pen tablet and some good software to create the size of paintings I want so badly, all done on my Mac. I bought the small and inexpensive model of tablets that Wacom makes and I'm 'renting' the software on a monthly basis. Autodesk, the creators of Autocad, have begun renting the software for most of their products. Their products are very pricey and sales were dropping so the rental program probably makes them a lot of money. SketchBook is the program I'm using and it is incredibly powerful. The live area of the Wacom tablet is probably 5"x 8" and with scaling you can print out a finished painting that 30"x 48", which is my favorite size. And I won't drop any paint on the living room carpet where I'm working.

Well, I'm off to paint...or whatever you want to call it.



No comments:

Post a Comment