Saturday, January 18, 2020

Memories Are Made of This

Memories! Ah!.. if only I could remember them! My short term memory is failing fast. Give me 4 numbers to remember and they have disappeared in seconds. Really! I need paper and pencil with me all of the time. But I can't remember to do that. I need some of those pocket sized, cheap note pads. The kind that are bound on a circular wire thing that I can't remember what it's called. I would have to buy them by the gross.
But now talk about long term memory and I can shine there. I'm depending on it right now; my son bought me a 400 piece jigsaw puzzle and it's been made by mapmarketing.com, a company in England, or maybe Great Britain. I'm always confused by that. The puzzle is made with a full color map from Google Earth that covers the place where I grew up in the 40's and 50's, Manhattan Beach. I need my memory to help me locate the streets that will connect all parts of the South Bay Beach cities. The box has no cover picture of the contents to help you, so you are on your own, and your memory. Heck, I can go to Google Earth and look it up myself, then print it. There goes a lot of the memory worries right there.
Now I remember... spiral binding! There is even a great sci-fi series I'm reading, where the focus of the book is/are The Spiral Wars. I should remember it, why didn't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment