Monday, January 31, 2022

As I said, I am writing for my descendants...

 ...but I should tell them something about their ancestors and we have quite a few. Of course every family has them, but I like to think that ours are special.  

I started using Ancestry dot com a long time ago. When I started they were using bare bones graphics and no choice of which font you would use. I was lacking a lot of facts so I just kept plugging away at it and using the 'hints' to correct a lot of the information I had gathered. Right now, it's a work in progress and I have no idea as to when I can say it's complete. The first blog was titled Projections because the word popped into my head when faced with the question of what to name it.

7,387 posts have been completed and posted so far. Google had no part in the majority of those posts and I really don't care for the way it looks and operates. Oh well, I'm just a cranky old man and nobody will listen to my complaints. Most people don't. I know that I have met some amazing people here on the blog. We met via our blogs and comments. Some we simply admired from afar.

I think I will start with my father's side of my family tree. Not for any specific reason; I guess I know more about them... 


dad@21
I hope you can read these names and dates. Starting with my father, William Bernie Dunn; born in 1915 and died in 1980. he was born in Duluth Minnesota, an industrial town where large ships burdened with iron ore would dock. Duluth was located on Lake Superior. On the right is a photo of my dad at the age of 21. serious looking isn't he? 

 I am a Meyers-Briggs Type Facilitator. Yep, I even have a fancy piece of paper that I would show you if I could find it. You will just have to trust me. I didn't use any of our tools to determine his type, I used observation and I believe he was an INFP which is the same as mine. That makes it suspect, though a few of  the Type Indicators are obvious. He was an Introvert, through and through. He was also an iNtuitive in the medium range and I believe a weak Feeling and Perception. INFP's are just 4% of the population. I don't know about his childhood as he and the rest of his small family were abandoned by their father/husband (another story). I also believe he was autistic, in much the same way as I am. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment