Saturday, April 22, 2023

A beginning again

 I just finished looking over a good deal of old posts. But, I am using my Dell with Windows 11? and it seems to have lost my instructions to display the text in a readable size...Ah! I finally found the smaller text.

Yes, I know that I have not been consistent in my posting. But, I have a good excuse. I had been on "hospice care" with the good people at Enloe coming to visit every other day or more. Part of that care involved physical therapy and over a period of a month or so I began to get better. I began to think with a clearer head and found that I wasn't thinking about death as often as I had been. The change was noted and I was soon upgraded to "Palliative" care status. The physical therapy changed to include more balance workouts and I bought a pair of 5# weights to replace the single 3# weight that I had been using and I put together a list of exercises that would help me to get my strength back. The nurse's and therapist have been great and I owe them a big debt of gratitude. 

It wasn't all pleasant, as I finally decided to use a Foley catheter so that I wasn't waking Laurae up 2 or 3 or 4 times a night so that she could help me get out of bed and into the bathroom. So I am stuck with this irritating catheter for a long time ahead. With occasional bouts with a UTI and far too often bladder spasms, it has not been pleasant. Well that's old age for you! It's not all "golden".

I started by saying that I had looked through the posts of this Blog. Not true, I had browsed selectively. And so I am not sure if I found all the errors. Please forgive. 

I am still troubled by memory lapses but then again I am 82 years old. My exercising daily and walking more often are helping me to keep a clear head.

if you want to see any of my other 11 Blogs, you will find them by clicking on the symbol on the upper left corner. I had plans to make those blogs lengthier but time slipped away and so what you see is what you get.

Also, I used to follow other Bloggers. I would imagine that there are fewer of them alive now. I hope I am wrong...I guess I should look and find out what I can.  

Well, I looked but was held up by memories...I would start reading some of my old posts and just couldn't stop. I ended up opening up all 11 of the titles and reading a few of the posts. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment