Sunday, May 21, 2023

The Sound of Music

 I hear music. All of the time. I have a condition called MES, or Musical Ear Syndrome. There is no clear cut reason for this, but lots of speculation. One thing it's not is Dementia. One thing that could  be a cause for MES is hearing loss. About 10 years ago I told my PA that I had MES and he asked me about it. Then he said "I never heard of it" I told him to look it up and he got up and left the room, saying "I 'll be right back". A few minutes later he was back and telling me that he had looked it up and it was exactly as I described it.

I'm listening to it right now, a chorus of men's voices with a strong baritone among them. I don't recognize the song. Earlier, I would hear "Battle Hymm of the Republic" almost every time, as well as the "Star Spangled Banner" for an encore.

I use a headset when I watch TV and that headset helps when I am watching British, Irish, Welsh, Shetland Isles  shows. The only downside is that the MES volume goes up as soon as I remove the headphones.


No comments:

Post a Comment