Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Here it comes (revised)

I believe that today is the first day of Summer. And I read that we will see our first day of 100 degrees or more in about a week from now. After that there will be no holds barred and I would bet that 100 degrees will be the new daytime low temperature for the next 90 plus days. Depressing isn't it?

I imagine that is going to be the new normal for us. And I am so glad that we have solar power, even though it is an older system; we began leasing it about 5 years ago. At that time, there was no option to include battery storage and that would be the first thing I would like to add to improve the system.

So, I decided to check into the possibility of adding a battery to the system. I  went to the website of my systems operator and found a lot of interesting things to read but nothing about how to add an item to an existing system. But, I was told to get the latest app. OK, first things first...I went to the app store (Android) and tried to do just that. No luck. Remember, I am 82 years old and my fingers don't fit onto the small keyboard of a phone. I tried for 15 minutes without success. I can't use the Help Line as I am unable to talk on the phone and be understood. What to do? Easy, I give up...I will look elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment