Thursday, September 23, 2004

Charlie who?

I was recently reminded of a great book…but that’s nothing new, I’m always being reminded of some book I have read. But this is one that you should take a look at. Its title is Charlie Wilson’s War and it was written by George Crile.

Here is a link to a review that I don’t personally agree with, but it does give you an indication of what the book is all about.

http://www.ashbrook.org/books/0871138549.html

The reason for my disagreement is that I felt the reviewer was downplaying the fact that Charlie Wilson was a fraud and a thief. (My opinion)

That small criticism aside, it’s certainly a book that I would recommend to anyone, as it tells the true story of just how corrupt our government could be. To be truthful, it’s the story of how any and all governments can be corrupted. It’s also an exciting book as it reveals how the CIA and Congressman Charlie Wilson use the greed of others to conduct a long and secret war in Afghanistan. The amounts of money that were stolen are beyond belief!

But that was then and this is 2004. Things are different now. Believe me.

No comments:

Post a Comment