Monday, September 27, 2004

NPR

NPR. That stands for National Public Radio, and according to those who inhabit the right side of the political spectrum, it is a disgrace and an embarrassment to our right thinking republic. The knee jerk rightists use a lot of energy and volume denouncing NPR as a bastion of liberal (read “wrong”) thought and opinion. But is it?

Everything I have read/listened to lately * seems to indicate the exact opposite. And I have the same feeling when I listen to NPR. Oh, those who do the reporting seem intellectual, witty and polite all right, and normally that would be a clear signal that you are listening to a liberal. But you need to listen to what they are saying and that is when it becomes quite clear that NPR has fallen to the right. What a shame…

But, then again…I listen to KVMR most of the time anyway and they are wonderfully liberal in their views. There is a place to go for fresh air…and Democracy Now, with Amy Goodman at 6 each evening.
http://www.democracynow.org/

*I wish I could find the written version of report I listened to, but it indicated that over 60 % of the content on NPR could be labeled “conservative”. I will continue my search...

No comments:

Post a Comment