Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Angry?

Tuesday and I’m no longer angry about the wasted billions of dollars that I wrote about yesterday. That kind of anger only lasts for a little while and then the government will do something else equally idiotic (Just Google gay marriage) and that will take the spotlight for awhile. Which brings up the question that I always love to ask; why should we support our government without question? Isn’t that…foolish? And none of the founding fathers did. Oh, it would be easier to do that and some people would even applaud your “patriotism”. But, isn’t that…foolish? Simile: If our government were our teenaged child, we wouldn’t allow it to have a driver’s license. Yes, we would still love it...but drive? No way!

I have no idea as to why I jumped right into a critical mode of writing, but there it is. It just had to come out. And I suppose you should know that I tend to lump all branches of government into one entity called, oddly enough, “government”. It’s sort of an “us” versus “them” mentality. City, county, state, federal, legislative, judicial and executive…it’s them! Versus, “We, the people”.

On to more important things; such as our mower, which now works and I used it yesterday to clean up the orchard. It was a very windy day, but it was warm enough to work in a t-shirt. And I had a chance to observe what was happening to all of the trees. Spring is what’s happening and it was very much apparent. All of the trees are “pushing leaves” as it is called and the bees are everywhere, pollinating like crazy. The two apricot trees are loaded with miniature apricots. The only holdouts that I see in this spring fling are the two pecan trees and they are stubbornly holding back their leaves.

And let’s discuss compost…beautiful compost! I dug my shovel into the pit, which had dropped about 6” in depth, and turned over a shovelful of rich black soil, teeming with red wigglers. I will turn this compost into the soil of the garden soon and the seedlings I have in the garage, will have a great new home. And that means tomatoes in our salads once more…

No comments:

Post a Comment