Saturday, July 2, 2005

A Bind

It looks like the current administration is in another bind...With a Supreme retiring and with that same Supreme being a woman. That wasn't expected. There will be lots of pressure to replace her with another woman. Can it be done? Reagan had the pressure of people and press remembering that he had once promised that a woman would hold that post and so he had a hard time avoiding it. Bush risks another drop in the polls if he nominates some wacko right winger as expected.

Why do I talk like that? I'm sorry, I must have been listening to too many of Karl's speeches.

2 comments:

  1. I am worried also. I don't understand, this retirement seemed to come out of nowhere. Of course I might retire too if I had to work with those angry ol' farts all day too! Lets hope for the best - a balance and a woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Odd, that was my first thought as well. I said to myself...why in the world would she want to spend anymore time than she has to with those old grumps? Thomas and Scalia? Spare me! And it can only get worse. I'm certain those were her thoughts.

    What's funny now is the fact that Republicans are enraged that the Democrats have picked her as the "poster child" for the next Supreme...and she has Republican credentials and was nominated to the position by an ultra right wing President. How dare they!

    ReplyDelete