Sunday, July 3, 2005

Good Eats!

A great dinner…and most of it came from the garden. I took baby zucchini and yellow straight neck squash, cut them in half lengthwise and spritzed them with olive oil. I did the same with some yellow banana peppers. Then I took a piece of aluminum foil and placed some mushrooms and sliced red onions on it. More olive oil. Now it was time for the grill. The foil went to the back and the veggies were up front. It didn’t take long to grill the vegetables and when they were done, I poured the mushrooms and onions over them. Delicious!

Besides the vegetables, I had loaded the dinner salad with fruit (peaches and plums) from the orchard. We even had a tomato from the garden; and I used my homemade plum sauce as a salad dressing. Good eats!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:24 PM

    hmmm thanks for inviting us for such a wonderful meal...
    Megs and I had something similar... had the veggies ready to go...parboiled some ribs...made a fruited rice salad..with almonds,grapes, and mandarin oranges...with a dressing of the orange juice, dijon mustard, oil, apple cider vinegar and of course rice...made lots...oops...a problem I have...always make an abundance...like I have this huge family to feed or something...wierd...another hangup I guess...have to buy plants in threes too....Sheesha says she buys food in threes...hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:28 PM

    oops forgot to finish the thought...had it all ready to go...turned the BBQ on...outta gas...aaauuuuurrrrrgggghhhhh!

    ReplyDelete