Saturday, July 9, 2005

Thumbs Down

Let’s see…what did we do yesterday?

I went walking in Bidwell Park, doing a little over 6 miles once again. I will do that again today as my left foot held up fine for the distance. I did some more painting of shelves in the garage. I cut my hair once more and was surprised to see how old I look these days. Whoa! Who is that guy in the mirror? The ultra-short hair seems to accentuate my age, and now that I am walking regularly, my face is thinner and I see wrinkles that were once hidden in the fat. Oh no!

We also went out for dinner and that was a minor disaster. We decided to try “Uncle Chong’s” here in Orland. It was pretty bad, with sweet and sticky sauces, tasteless shrimp and the pork chow mien hadn’t seen a pig anywhere near it. The food was extremely salty as well. And the meal has been sitting on my stomach ever since, causing much rumbling and other rude noises.

I was just wondering if I should start a blog to do restaurant reviews? After all, I’ve eaten in lots of places around the country and have a good, but critical, eye for service and quality food. I might even be able to make it a humorous review blog. But I would have to be careful, as my eldest daughter is the Executive President of the Waitpersons Defense League and doesn’t take waiter/waitress criticism lightly. So let me say that the service last night was fine; we tipped $3.32 for a $19.68 bill. I just hope the waitress didn’t have to share it with the cook.

2 comments:

  1. Yes on the restaurant blog! Bring it on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so tempting. Thanks for the vote of confidence...I will certainly think about it.

    ReplyDelete