Monday, August 15, 2005

Good Day

Yes, it was a good day at the park. But before I started to walk, I was listening to the radio and heard James Dobson speaking about the “tyranny” of the Supreme Court Justices. He was purporting to speak for Christians but he certainly wasn’t speaking for me. I used to respect him and would listen to him on occasion, but I fear that he now believes that he has God’s ear in all matters.

Dobson spoke with undisguised bitterness as he reviled the Justices; intimating that somehow they were conspiring to destroy Christianity. Now I don’t know about you, but I felt free to worship God this morning and I freely read the Bible as well. I assumed that there were others doing the same thing without fear of government intervention. And I believe I can do it again tomorrow morning as well. Am I wrong?

Even if I lived in the most repressive of nations, no one could take away my ability to worship and commune with God. Our God doesn’t need buildings, or laws to touch us and He certainly doesn’t need the fervor of James Dobson to protect Him.

If we want to make certain that Christianity grows to include the whole world…we have to show others what God looks like and what God’s plan is by modeling him in our own lives. That’s hard enough to do on a daily basis, without the added pressure of doing battle against the “windmills” of the Supreme Court…I think Mr. Dobson needs to spend some time in introspection.

No comments:

Post a Comment