Sunday, September 11, 2005

Kansas

The other day I was asked, "Where would you live if you you didn't have ties to where you're currently living?" And I answered that it would be western North Carolina or eastern Tennessee. Somewhere in or near the Great Smokies...It is beautiful country.

But now I have reconsidered. And my vote now goes to Kansas. The middle of the country. When I first began to travel to Kansas as part of my career, I was surprised at how pretty it was. And in the area around Lenexa, Bonner Springs and Lawrence, it's not even all that flat! The people are friendly, towns are small and there is a certain feeling of feeling safe...snug in the middle. Excitement? Kansas City and Saint Louis are close by. Chicago can be reached in less than a day. Denver is also just a day's trip away. Texas isn't as close, but it's do-able in a long day.

Yes, there is a lot to be said for Kansas...in fact, I miss it a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment