Sunday, December 18, 2005

Advent Bells

A great Advent service! And a very good sermon as well…

The only thing wrong with the service was the bells. Yes, it was time for the bell ringers to do their stuff and this is where I have a problem. Oh, it’s only me and it’s certainly not the fault of the bell ringers. I love to listen to them but I can’t handle watching them. It has something to do with my INFP personality type; I can’t stand the suspense as I watch a bell ringer who might have 3 or 4 bells to ring. Will they pick up the right one? Will they reach it in time? I spend so much time agonizing over the performance that I never even hear the music…so now I listen to them and keep my eyes focused on something else, perhaps the bulletin.

A busy afternoon for us. We will be having dinner with our Chico family and then we return to Orland for an open house at the pastor’s residence. And I have to get ready for my trip tomorrow, as I’m heading to Susanville for a few days of fishing with my son. Eagle Lake trout are what we’re hoping to catch and this kind of weather is perfect for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment