Saturday, December 17, 2005

ATR

Americans for Tax Reform (ATR)Grover Norquist, a high-powered unofficial Republican strategist, heads this organization dedicated to smaller government. According to the ATR's mission statement, it "opposes all tax increases as a matter of principle." (In other words, don’t bother me with any facts, my mind is made up. The man is brilliant!) ATR has a Taxpayer Protection Pledge which it lobbies for state and federal representatives to sign. The pledge reads: "I (name) pledge to the taxpayers of the (district #) district, of the state of (state), and to all the people of this state, that I will oppose and vote against any and all efforts to increase taxes." (Obviously he is looking for people with the same mental capacity that he has. He has reduced government planning to the absolute minimum…just vote no on everything. He’s my hero!)

5 comments:

  1. I oppose all tax increases as a matter of principle.

    I think we need to get a better hand on how money is spent and on what. I am tired of money pissed away. I bet you worked hard for your money, you deserve the very best return on your (taxes) investment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinating! Exactly, what is that principle?

    And at the same time, you noted the obvious. I (and you) do deserve the best for our money spent (taxes). And that has nothing to do with the amount of taxation but it does have everything to do with performance. I happen to be all for taxes and all against corruption and poor performance by government. Taxes are necessary for a civil society. Poor performance by government is a by-product of a corrupt society

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree except that a good way to reign in that government is to deprive it of it's life blood (money). The politicians are using "fees" now instead of taxes to raise funds. Both parties are spending like drunken sailors. It's tax and spend or borrow and spend. I blame the American people for it.

    I liked the Levitical tax system myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be fine...but in many cases your description of taxes as Life Blood is quite correct. Who's life did you want to endanger?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's start with the politicians.......

    ReplyDelete