Monday, December 19, 2005

Snow!

I am sitting in the front room of my son's house and I see plenty of snow in the front yard. But it's melting fast as the temperature climbs. I drove up around 11 and pulled into Chester around 1 for something to eat. There was some snow there but the roads were mostly wet from the rain and the melting snow. Another hour and I dropped down into Susanville and that was where all of the snow was. The city was busy spreading it around with a loader, hoping to melt it with traffic. I headed out of town and up the highway to the Willow Creek valley and the roads were clear once again. It was a great sight as I looked back across the valley and saw every hill and peak covered in white. The two mountains, Diamond and Thompson Peak were cloaked in clouds...Tomorrow we're fishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment