Friday, February 17, 2006

Really Winter

Here I am; at the usual spot on a Friday morning. Or any morning. Sitting in our study and looking out the window into the dark, hoping to see something that will tell me what kind of day we are heading toward. Too dark this morning to tell. So I will have to depend on Yahoo weather to tell me what’s out there. Let’s see; 34°, cloudy, and the barometer is falling. Chance of rain is 30%...OK, I can deal with that.

And I have the fire going in the fireplace. I had to struggle a little bit to get it going again when I first woke up, but a piece of cardboard and some energetic “pucker power” directed at the coals got a flicker of flames that quickly grew into a comforting blaze.

Last night, on the weather news, I heard that Orland set a new record for low temperatures yesterday morning; 22°! Now that is pretty cold for the area, but I don’t think it lasted long enough to damage the citrus.

And since it’s going to be a genuine winter day, I’m planning on making an Italian Sausage Soup for our dinner. I have most of the ingredients and will only need to buy some Great Northern beans and some spinach. I’ve had this interesting recipe sitting on my desk for at least two weeks while I waited for a winter day to show up.

No comments:

Post a Comment