Friday, March 31, 2006

End of the Week

Friday. End of the week and end of the month. That didn’t take very long; in fact it seemed to fly by despite the interminable rain. And yes, it’s raining again. And it will rain tomorrow and the next day and…

I haven’t written very much about my cat and I suppose that’s because I don’t want to be known as a “cat person”. A person who obsesses about every little thing that their cat does and considers it all to be “cute”. But she does give me a lot of enjoyment. She is sleeping out in the garage right now, where she keeps the mice away. And around 7:30, I will let her in the house. She will then pester me to pet her quickly and go back out to the garage and feed her. At 8, she is back in the house and ready for a brief wrestling match and then a nap. That takes place in her bed which sits on the chair here in our study, and lasts till about 1. Then it’s time for quick trip outside, followed by her return and a game of tag. I chase her around the house for 5 minutes followed by her chasing me for 5 minutes. Then it’s time for another nap. That lasts till about 5. Then she has dinner followed by her return to the house about 7, where she will lay in my lap, sleeping, while I watch TV, till 10. Then she has to go out to the garage for the night. Tough life! I wish I could include a photo of her, but black cats don’t photograph very well at all. Their features can’t be seen against all the black and you end up with a photo of a black “blob”.

There was a recent news story about a cat named “Lewis” that resides in W. Virginia and it seems that he attacked the local Avon Lady as she was getting out of her car. (So what’s the crime?) His owner is being sued for $5,000 and Lewis is under house arrest. Would the Mormons or Jehovah Witnesses believe me if I put up a warning sign about my cat?

What’s new, besides cat news? Not much. Just more of the same old news. World War III continues, with lives and money being lost on a regular basis. You can always print more money…and we will. But lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment