Tuesday, April 18, 2006

What's New?

The morning is young…and I’m not. I have a few aches and pains from yesterday’s 14 mile walk, but they’re non-life threatening and, in fact, I will be out and doing some more walking this morning. That should erase those pains for good.

Sunny skies are expected today and that should remove all traces of S.A.D. (Seasonal Affective Disorder) from my psyche. Yes, the solidly gray days during the past few months were quite depressing. Isn’t it nice to have a disorder of some kind to blame it on? But, I wonder; does Medicare cover S.A.D? Next year; could they send us somewhere “nice” to recover from it?

What else is new, besides the sunshine? Well, the war in Mesopotamia grinds on, all part of World War III. And now the Palestinian suicide bombers have begun their deadly work again. This is retaliation for the Israeli shelling of Palestinian homes…which was retaliation for previous bombings. Yesterday, I was listening to spokesmen for both sides of this conflict and they were saying the same things…almost word for word. It was eerie. And each side was promising… surprise! More retaliation!  

No comments:

Post a Comment