Tuesday, May 9, 2006

Odd Thoughts?

As I was pumping gas into my car the other day I had an odd thought. No, it wasn’t the fact that my gasoline cost more here than it would in Hawaii…it was the fact that I had become a servant to the machine. I heard a beep; I turned and followed the instructions given to me by a machine! What am I doing?

Then I read a blog this morning about a young lady that is fighting back. She wrote this, “In contemporary Western society, electronic devices are becoming so prevalent that many people find themselves surrounded by technologies they find frustrating or annoying… I designed two counter-technologies to help people defend their personal space from unwanted electronic intrusion…The first is a pair of glasses that darken whenever a television is in view. The second is (a) low-power RF jammer capable of preventing cell phones or similarly intrusive wireless devices from operating within a user’s personal space. (6 feet)”

Good for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment