Friday, August 11, 2006

Heating Up

We just had our AC unit inspected as a service of our homeowner’s insurance policy. For our $55 deductible we didn’t get much; well, no bad news, but no good news either. The service tech found a bad capacitor for the fan and replaced it. (Saved us $40…Yahoo!) The unit itself was working to spec’s. And he even proclaimed it to be a fine unit, better than those two-piece units that are the norm. He suggested cleaning the coils, which I did. I also did the routine filter change. Now we will wait and see.

The tech did give me a bit of good news…he had heard of a homeowner in Oroville that had a $1,200 power bill! Our $670 seems almost a trifle in comparison.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:48 PM

    Well, I am starting to feel better about my power bills between $250 and $350 this summer. Of course ours is every month from June to September. $670----Yikes!

    We had our unit check too, and they found nothing. I wanted to get up in the attic and see if we were air conditioning that area, by way of a duct coming undone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! My day is complete...I have done a good deed. At least someone feels better now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Add a Paypal link Steve so we can get some donations going your way. Holy Cow. I remember in my old apt that in the winter my bill was between 13-31 dollars a months. In the summer with 24/7 air we paid 77-99 dollars.

    ReplyDelete