Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Oh, no! (2)

Once I posted the hard drive disaster information on my blog, I saw that the AdAware software had picked a hard drive ad to display at the top of the page; an ad for a Seagate 250 Gb drive for only $45! Hmm? Should I get one for my computer? Or should I think again about building my own computer? TigerDirect was the site that had the low prices…maybe I’ll look.

And now that I have seen the ads for the kits, I know that I have a serious need to refresh my technology memory. Back in the day…when I did this for a living, technology acronyms rolled off my tongue with the greatest of ease. When flying, I had at least two computer magazines with me at all times. I knew what the latest processor from Intel or AMD could do. I’m afraid that I’m losing my geekness! Someone should take me out and shoot me…

No comments:

Post a Comment