Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Oh, no!

Darn! Our laptop computer was found to have that dreaded white on black message displayed on the monitor this morning…”bootable device not found…Press F1, etc, etc.” I hate when that happens!

I have the computer back on and in “Safe Mode”, so there is a good chance that we can save a lot of data to a flash drive. If it is the beginning signs of a hard drive failure, which it is…this would be the 2nd hard drive failure for this computer in 3 years or less, not a very good record. Could this be the reason that I was reading this month’s edition of “Smart Computing” and a whole section on what to do when your computer dies?

And as I was going through my Journal, looking for info on her computer, I found that my computer is a little over 3 years old, while Laurae’s is over 4. Almost ancient aren’t they?

No comments:

Post a Comment