Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Vinyl

I was reading the blog of the New Dharma Bums this morning and couldn’t help but notice the posting about old vinyl albums. I have a few of those myself and have always wanted to save them in some digital form; WAV or MP3 file format. According to what roger wrote, there is copying software available for Mac’s so I’m pretty sure they have it for pc’s as well. And I have a turntable; the other required item. Now I just need the time.  

If nothing else, I should take photos of the album covers. I think that the cover art was half the attraction when buying an album. That and the liner notes. I wonder? If someone looked at my favorite album covers, would they be able to “know” me? Maybe. I think they would be getting close.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:35 AM

    Put Hoyt Axton on a cd for me...hmmm...alice's restaurant....let me peruse the albums...just to see what others I remember!

    ReplyDelete