Thursday, December 28, 2006

Gloom Gone

Pre-Christmas, the days seemed gloomy; wet and cold. Exactly like winter. Yesterday provided some relief as we were able to enjoy sunshine and some warmer temperatures, despite a strong wind from the northwest. Now, it looks as if we will see more of this kind of weather for the rest of the week. It’s certainly welcome.

My fickle companion, Boo the cat, has joined me this morning and wants my complete attention. We have a refrigerator magnet that has a photo of an odd looking cat and the words, “If cats could talk… they wouldn’t”. I used to think those words were most appropriate, but now…I do believe that Boo would probably be quite the chatty cat. “Feed me. Let me out. Let me in. Scratch my head. My belly. Higher. Lower. More wood on the fire. Pay attention to me!”

From the news; I see that we have a third strong candidate for President; John Edwards. I have listened to him in the past and I have been impressed. In fact, I will go out on a limb here and say that I think he will (or should) be the final candidate. The theocratic Republicans would love to see Hillary as the candidate and would resort to “anything goes” tactics to defeat her. Senator Obama would make a great candidate in 2012 or perhaps as Vice President in 2008. Now there is a thought!

Also from the news… “In an interview never before published, former President Gerald Ford said President Bush and his chief advisers "made a big mistake" with their justifications for the Iraq war.”

Wrong. That wasn’t a mistake at all. It was quite deliberate.

Locally; we were in town yesterday to buy a few things. One item was a Craftsman scroll saw that was on sale at OSH… $35 dollars off! And we needed some material for a bulletin board for the wall on my side of the study. We found all we needed at Jo-Ann’s. Then we headed to TJ’s to get some 99¢ eggs and some snacks. And on our way home, we passed a large Christmas tree lot near Mervyn’s. The scene was incredible! There were mountains of unsold trees. I know that the trees are grown for Christmas and have no other use, (Mulch?) but I still saw a huge waste of resources. I wonder what the Christmas tree market was like in other locales?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:31 AM

    Yeah! $35.00 Off.....I went to Penney's the other day and the clerk told me I saved $217.00 and I thought, yeah right, but I had to spend $217.00 to save that - who would pay regular price for this stuff.....That would be why I dislike shopping sooooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:54 AM

    Really! It was a real $35 off. I've been waiting a long time for this particular item to be on sale.

    ReplyDelete