Sunday, January 7, 2007

Cat news; the great disappearing act

I don’t know where she goes when she disappears inside our house. Whenever the noise and excitement level of the children becomes too much for Boo, she hides out. But where? I have taken my flashlight and gone from room to room, looking under beds and into closets, searching both high and low. I cannot find her. Yet, there she was last night, sitting by the back door and wanting out, long after I had given up on finding her. I really do need to find out her secret; I may want to join her sometime.

3 comments:

  1. Now we know, and boy! is she in trouble. She was discovered hiding behind the pillows on our bed. She snuck in without disturbing a thing and had found a small space between the pillows. Yesterday, of course, we had looked at the bed, but since nothing had been disturbed...we had gone on with our search.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:22 AM

    Isn't it interesting how different they are from dogs? Imagine calling your dog's name in every room of the house, getting on your hands and knees and coming within inches of them but the dog being completely still and never letting on where he is napping? Never happen. Just getting down on your hands and knees would cause a dog to think PLAY TIME and bound around you. One of Spank's favorite places is on the seat of a chair pushed in under the dining table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes; just calling for your cat by name is an exercise in frustration. Name? In fact, if cats could talk long enough to answer one question...I would ask Boo what her real name was. I call her Boo and she simply stares at me, if she even bothers to do that. Sometimes I have called her name and she has looked over her shoulder, as if this "Boo" I was calling for might be there.

    ReplyDelete