Sunday, January 7, 2007

How do they know?

I just checked out a new feature of the Google Newsreader; My Trends. According to Google… “From your 157 subscriptions, over the last 30 days you read 1,217 items, starred 0 items, and shared 1 items” There is even a bar chart and Tags for me to review.

I don’t know whether I should be fascinated or upset that Google can do this? My first response was driven by my geeky side and I did find it most fascinating. But do I really want Google staring over my shoulder? Of course I know, intellectually, that gathering this information is a piece of cake for them. But at the gut level, I would rather not know they are doing it. Fooling myself. And then I read the report again; obviously I don’t share well. Must work on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment