Monday, January 22, 2007

Headlines

The headlines are fascinating this morning. All worthy of a comment or two. Or maybe none…let the words speak for themselves.

Lobbyists find new Congress is open for business
By Tom Hamburger and Janet Hook
Lobbyists who dreaded Democratic control find they're being heard.

Richardson enters presidential fray
By Ricardo Alonso-Zaldivar
A Democratic longshot, N.M.'s governor would be the first Latino to win the White House.

(Here’s a guy that deserves a lot more attention. In 1999, we were in New Mexico on vacation and I was reading a local newspaper during breakfast. Naturally, I found some printed words from the governor of that state and I was startled to see how sharp this man was. I told Laurae at the time that I thought he should be heard from. And I also wondered aloud as to why we were stuck with Gray Davis?)

Insurers have own ideas on coverage
By Lisa Girion
Big health plans share Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's goal of trimming the ranks of the uninsured, but they have their own ideas about how to do it - such as taxes on cigarettes and service charges on patients every time they visit a doctor.

Showdown Looms in Congress Over Drug Advertising on TV
By MILT FREUDENHEIM
Drug advertising will face hard scrutiny in the new Congress as it considers the renewal of fees that manufacturers pay to speed reviews of new drugs.

(Can you imagine television or magazines without drug advertising? I might even hook up my television again!)

No comments:

Post a Comment