Wednesday, February 28, 2007

All done

This is it. There are no more days this month. February will soon be history and in a big way. The stock market collapse on Tuesday will change the way Americans think about the global market. If it doesn’t, we’re denser than I thought…

For decades now, the market on Wall Street has wagged the tail of the world. But not this time. China did the wagging and now we should all wonder about the Treasury bonds that China owns; our treasury, our bonds. Will they want to redeem them?

And I noticed that the headlines this morning were all about subjects other than financial? The DJIA drops 416 points and I only found one headline in the Times. (New York and LA) It could be that everyone is tensely waiting for the opening bell this morning; to see which way the market is headed. Then the headline writers will be busy!

“Market Recovers!” would be a nice one to see, but I’m not holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment