Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Bad Choice

Healthcare is always depressing. I don’t know why I chose that as a topic for my last post. On to more uplifting thoughts! All I need to do is find one.

How about this? I did find a good site for those of us that enjoy finding new and useful websites. (And software) Luem42’s Cool Sites. If you go to his download page and get the links for the past year, it’s a 600KB document! Now that’s a lot of links! I subscribed to his weekly newsletter and that way I can probably get a manageable amount of links.

And here’s one site that I had read about but had never gotten around to visiting it. The animated knot tying website. Now I wonder if they have a page that will show me how to tie a knot in a tie? Back when…in the days when I had to wear a tie for special occasions, I had a printed and many times copied sheet of paper that told me how to tie my tie. The sheet was faded and hard to read but it was invaluable.

Just thinking about a tie gives you all sorts of conversational and mental avenues to explore. Why on earth does a colorful piece of cloth, knotted in a formal manner around your neck, give you some sort of respectability? I suppose you should get some credit for knowing how to tie it…but that’s all. And I suppose if I were to explore some more avenues, I could find the history of the tie. If I were to guess, I would start looking for a French connection since the old name (and one I remember) for a tie was cravat. Sounds French to me.

After some research; OK, it’s French…sort of. Actually Croatian? Do you know where Croatia is? Is this Croatia’s only contribution to the world? If so, they should be ashamed of themselves! Now, if you read the whole history of the tie, or cravat; why on earth would you want to wear one? What sheep we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment