Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Finally...

And this, I was listening to NPR yesterday morning, just as the news of the Virginia Tech shootings broke and I heard this…“A White House spokesman said President Bush was horrified by the rampage and offered his prayers to the victims and the people of Virginia.

"The president believes that there is a right for people to bear arms, but that all laws must be followed," spokeswoman Dana Perino said”

Unbelievable! People are dying as he speaks and he can only think of pandering to the NRA voters. What a guy!

And then I couldn't find that quote anywhere yesterday afternoon or early this morning. I was beginning to wonder if I had really heard it...but finally, there it was. Yes, he did say it, but it was quickly put aside in favor of something more intelligent or compassionate sounding.

No comments:

Post a Comment