Monday, April 16, 2007

I like it!

I was able to sleep till 6 the other morning, but not today. Maybe it was the lovely nap I had yesterday afternoon that has caused this sleeplessness. Napping is such a wonderful habit and I can say that I look forward to it. It gives your brain time to sort and file all the information you have received…or so I’ve read. It’s a process somewhat similar to defragging the hard drive. A good thing! Maybe I should look for a list of famous people who have napped. I would bet that there is such a list. I must look.

Well, I found very little on naps, but a little more on “siesta”. It’s definitely a cultural thing and while it’s OK to nap in some countries, American nappers are certainly suspect, maybe even subversive.

Then I read this, Afternoon sleep is also a common habit in China and Taiwan. This is called xiuxi or wushui in Chinese. Its main difference from the siesta is that it lasts between two and three hours. It occurs after the midday meal and is even a constitutional right…”

No comments:

Post a Comment